Hello and Welcome.

Hello. Welcome to Badges of the New York City Police Department. I have noticed there aren't that many online resources dedicated to the badges New York's finest wears. There are also no books dedicated to the subject. I started this blog because I would like there to be an online resource for a basic reference to some of the badges worn by the NYPD.

I have always found it interesting how the NYPD badges, or shields as the NYPD refers to them, are different shapes and sizes for the different ranks. Normally, a city would use the same badge shape and just add a panel to the badge denoting a different rank. The NYPD uses completely different shields for the different ranks.

This is not going to be a technical blog about the manufacturing or authenticity of this badge or the other. I have simply started this blog so people can see the different badges worn by the NYPD. I will include as many images as I can find, and will concentrate on badges and any citation bars the NYPD wear as well. I will also be including blog posts about the use of the NYPD shield in popular culture, including its appearance in TV shows and movies.

For the record, the images I will be using are images that I have captured from the internet. I do not claim to be the owner of any of these images, and they are the property of the respective photographers. I am not trying to monetize this blog — this site is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Enjoy,

-DG3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Officer's Shield and the Significance of #3100

The Detective's Gold Shield

The Citation Bar Holder